Sunday, May 19, 2013

piper's class auction project

I helped with Piper's class project 
annual big auction fundraiser which took
place last eve.
I had a vision and Ashley, Piper's teacher
let me go with it.
 I was inspired by this piece of art 
I found on pinterest.
I loved the circles, neon colors
+
simplicity.
 Since the children were studying spring flowers,
I thought we could make stamps of their drawings + print 
using neon colors.
Ashley had children draw still life drawings 
of pansies, hyacinths, daffodils & tulips.
 Jessica helped carve the children's drawings in rubber to make stamps.
She's an expert!
{she made a stamp for Piper's birth announcement}
 carving
dining table turned carving/printing station
 children printed with the stamps Jess & I carved from their sweet drawings
 stamps


 Jess + Olivia printing
Hyacinth!
 Each child printed on a 
5x5 inch piece of off white thick paper
one each



I brought finished prints to 
Gregg at Rockwell Gallery in Wilton
to frame in a grid.
Gregg is an artist.  His artwork is usually grid-style
so he knew exactly what I envisioned.
He also helped me pick out
a distressed whitish, greyish frame
+ a grey mat to mount prints on.
 The final piece
went to the highest bidder last eve for
$3250!
Thank you 
to Ashley for the opportunity to help
+
to Jessica for helping with carving + printing with children
+
to Gregg at Rockwell Gallery in Wilton
for the perfect framing job!


No comments: